Thursday, April 22, 2010

An introduction

My name is Korey Bob Paul, but not really. A majority of my friends know me as Bob which is not my name. Bob is one of the leading roles in my story. Bob is my strong, confident, and entertaining personality. Korey on the other hand is anxious, insecure, and an incredibly big nerd. We have a considerable amount of overlap in that we are both quite agreeable and tend to get along with most anybody. Recently there has been a shift in the controls of who is in charge. Bob is starting to seep into Korey and now they live harmoniously in every situation. I am a current student of Psychology, finishing up my undergrad, and looking forward to graduate school studying Social Psychology. I am an avid researcher with a flare for analyzing everyday experiences.

There is a point to the introduction that leads me to the overarching theme of this blog: The perils of agreeableness. Agreeableness means getting along with people regardless of how it makes you feel. It is laughing in the face of adversity because that feels like the only thing you can do. It means appeasing people even when you wholeheartedly disagree.

The goal of this blog is two-fold. Firstly, reaching out to those who are also so agreeable that it gets in the way of a healthy lifestyle. Secondly, appealing to those who may be in some form of relationship with us agreeable saps. I will incorporate research, but I won't bore you with the details. Stay tuned, I will try to make this as personable and engaging as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment